Monday, May 11, 2009

Stephanie and Richard's hypothetical unconceived second baby's names ;)

I recently started following your blog, and am impressed. I am a baby naming nut. We have one son named Sawyer James. We originally were told we were having a little girl and then SURPRISE!, we had a little boy. We knew we loved Sawyer so that was easy, then we just sort of "picked" James because we were under the gun to fill out his birth certificate papers. It ended up alright, it flows nicely, but I tend to like more unusual names. We also lean towards nature and literary themes. I am Irish and American Indian and my husband is Polish and Irish. We are trying to conceive number two and will not find out the sex this time. Our original girl name was Harper, but it doesn't feel "right" anymore. Thanks for any help you can give. I look forward to seeing more of your blog.
Sincerely,Stephanie and Richard

I had too much fun with this name list. I love literary names. Some are from writers, some are from characters and all are undoubtedly cool.

For girls:
Alice
Camille
Esme`
Finley
Flannery
Gwendolyn
Josephine
Louisa
Mercy
Sylvia
Willa

For boys:
Alcott
August
Barrett
Beckett
Holden
Finnegan
Langston
Lennox
Marlowe
Oscar
Wilder

I think Harper is a great name. If you wanted to play on the Tom Sawyer-Huck Finn thing, Finley and Finnegan are names that would work. I have a friend with a little girl named Wilder and I think it fits her well. Let me know if any of them are keepers!

1 comment:

joesanchez said...

Friendship

Never have I had a friend like you, a true friend in life.
You cracked the veneer, you accept me for who I am
and for who I am not.
You showed me there is no need to live in disguise
and so I drop the fear because you are here.
To hold my hand, to walk me through this foreign land
Explore a life of truth between you & I
This is how we grew to this friendship
I know now, like I never have
I have you to thank and this is how
I love you my friend
My true friend till the end.
Copyright 2009 By Joseph Anthony Sanchez