Saturday, April 25, 2009

Names for Janet

Hi! I'd love for your input on what we should name our baby due in June. We don't know if the baby is a boy or a girl. We already have a daughter named Briella Eva. Our last name is LONG and ends in "er" so those types of names (ie Cooper, Hunter, Taylor, etc) are out and we also don't like super popular names.
Thanks so much for your help!

Janet and Travis

Hi Janet and Travis,

Briella is a pretty unique name, its parent name Brielle is still only in the 400s according to the SSA site. Since Brielle/Briella has French roots, I tried to find names with a similar background.

Arianna
Charlotte
Clarissa
Elaina
Emmaline
Genevieve
Josephine 'Josie'
Mercy
Rhiannon
Valentina

Of the girl names I think Emmaline would be lovely (and it's not in the top 1000) with Briella and Emmy is a cute nickname. Since you didn't list any middle names, what about Emmaline Hope or Emmaline Grey?

Boy names were a little bit more difficult but I think they always are.

Blaise
Elias
Emmett
Felix
Gage
Leo
Louis
Luka
Kieran
Vincent

Of the boy names I like Blaise the best. If you stick with the French spelling it ranks at 992 but the more phonetic Blaze is still only 876. If you were to go with an unique name like that, I'd stick with a more traditional middle name such as Michael, Thomas or William. Blaise Michael has a nice ring.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Please shoot me an email after you have the babe, even if you didn't use a name I suggested. Take care!

No comments: