Friday, September 12, 2008

Reworking the top 20--Girls

I am a posting machine today! Rather than clean my house or watch Bravo while my kids nap, I decided to rework the top 20. The Social Security site may be a little off because they do not combine spellings so Aidan/Aiden/Aydan are counted individually. The first name is the most popular, followed by my suggestions. So if you like the idea/sound of some of the most popular names out there but are a little freaked at the idea of your kid being Madison L. for the rest of her life, then here you are. I knew a ton of Katies/Jessicas/Erins/Sarahs growing up and I still call my friend Erin M., it's never just Erin. That's probably why I freak out a little whenever they get married, I just can't process the name change.

1. Emily
Emery, Marie (560 on SS site)
2. Isabella
Isadora, Isolde, Isla
3. Emma
Emme, Ember, Gemma
4. Ava
Avery, Avril
5. Madison
Madina, Madea, Madeleine
6. Sophia (my oldest would have been Sofia if he had been a girl, I thought I was so creative)
Josephine, Pia
7. Olivia
Olive, Odelia, Oralee
8. Abigail
Abra, Ariel, Aria
9. Hannah
Anne (517!), Johannah
10. Elizabeth
use a derivative like Elsa, Isobel, Eliza
11. Addison
Adele, Adara, Adelaide
12. Samantha
Samara, Simone
13. Ashley
Ashlinn (or Aisling if you like the Gaelic spelling), Ellery
14. Alyssa
Alice, Elise
15. Mia
Clea, Pia, Mya
16. Chloe
Cleo, Clarissa
17. Natalie
Noelle, Natasha
18. Sarah
Sasha, Sierra, Shauna/Seanna
19. Alexis
Alexa, Alia
20. Grace
Greta, Graciela, Charis

My wrists are hurting. My darling three-year-old popped off all the keys on my laptop so I have it rigged right now with a regular keyboard, but it's not the most comfortable for typing. I'll have the boys names in the next day or so. :)

No comments: